Cleveland-Cliffs Proposes to Acquire U.S. Steel View News Release USW Endorsement Letter Investor Presentation Steelworkers Reiterate Vow to Only Back Cliffs in US Steel Deal USW Rights Explained
Thank you for your interest in the Cleveland-Cliffs Foundation. Please review the funding guidelines below to learn more about our funding priorities and application process.
The Cleveland-Cliffs Foundation makes community investments on the basis of two primary criteria:
- Projects should be implemented in the communities where Cleveland-Cliffs has operations.
- Proposed projects should support education, improve the environment, and/or support healthy and vibrant communities.
The Cleveland-Cliffs Foundation does not support the following:
- Organizations not 501(c)(3) registered based on IRS designations. Some exceptions may be made for schools, libraries and public safety.
- Grants to individuals
- Trips, tours and associated costs
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Form letter requests
- Religious organizations and groups which are denominational or sectarian in purposes such as churches, missionary groups, etc.
- Organizations not compliant with the USA Patriot Act
- Loans or investments
- Grants to cover operating deficits
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you feel your organization has a project that may be a good fit for the Cleveland-Cliffs Foundation, consideration to submit a full proposal can be requested by submitting a letter of inquiry via our online grants system.
If you do not receive a request for additional information within 45 days, please be advised that your project does not match the giving strategy of the Cleveland-Cliffs Foundation or is ineligible for funding as a result of limited resources.
Those invited to submit a grant proposal will submit their request via our online application by one of our established deadline dates. All grant applications must be submitted online. If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizations that are not 501 (c) 3 organizations who have been invited to submit a request for a corporate contribution can use this link to access the application.
Upcoming Grant Proposal Deadline Dates
- June 1, 2023
- September 1, 2023
If you have received past funding support, and have an account in our online grant system, please login to your account to access your current and past grants, as well as reporting requirements.